One of the most easiest and yummy dessert I have come across lately. Very minimal ingredients required but I bet its a scrumptious one ! The making of the recipe takes no longer than 10 minutes (provided you use canned pineapples) but setting the dessert does take time.
I first tasted this when my neighbour offered me the other day. I asked her how she made it and she was kind enough to share her recipe with me. When we first came to Calicut, little did I know about this city. Now I am glad we relocated here because of many factors and Shameen (my neighbour) tops the most. She is like an elder sister dwelling next door. Our kids go to the same school and are in same class and are best of friends.
Coming to this recipe. It obviously requires pineapple. Other ingredients I used are a tin of condensed milk, Fresh cream and Jelly crystals. The making is easy and you all can definitely try this. I have used fresh pineapple here in this recipe. Feel free to use canned pineapple discarding the syrup.
Pineapple – 1 medium (chopped fine)
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Condensed milk – 200 ml tin
Fresh cream – 200 ml (chilled)
Whipped cream powder – 2 tbsp
Jelly crystal – 1 sachet (any flavour)
Water – 400ml
- In a saucepan, bring 400 ml water to boil. Turn off the gas and empty the jelly crystal packet into the saucepan and stir till dissolved. Set aside till it cools and pour the mixture in shot glasses which are already placed slant. You can do so by keeping the shot glasses between two books. You have to refrigerate it to set.
- In a saucepan, add chopped pineapple pieces and sugar. Bring this mixture to boil and cook till done. Keep it aside to cool completely.
- In another clean and dry mixing bowl, transfer fresh cream and whip till soft peaks.
- Add condensed milk to this and continue whisking
- Add whipping cream powder to this and whip till stiff peaks
- Now add the cooked pineapple pieces to this and fold gently into the mixture. The jelly by now would be ready.
- Pour a spoonful of pineapple pudding into the shot glasses and set till they are firm.
- Using whipped cream powder is totally optional and can be omitted. I have used it because I wanted a firm pudding and with the fresh cream which I used, it was difficult and that is the reason I have used the whipped cream powder.
- If you find heavy whipping cream, please use it instead of fresh cream and Yes! you wont require that extra 2 tbsp whipped cream powder then 🙂
- I have used Pineapple flavoured jelly crystals. You can use any of your choice.
- If time is a constraint, you can use tinned pineapple instead of fresh ones. Do not use the syrup from the tin. Use only the pineapples.