I am here with another easy ladoo recipe which can make your family and friends drool for more. I don’t know the origin of this recipe but I have seen various versions in the making. Some make it by adding sugar powder and use ghee/clarified butter to bind the ladoos and some use sugar syrup like me.
I can blindly recommend this recipe to beginners as it is super quick and easy. One of the best ladoos made with only few ingredients. We add semolina(rava), sugar, desiccated coconut and chopped nuts. You can also add freshly grated coconut to this recipe but make sure you dry roast them after we dry roast rava.
Also make sure you are using super fine variety semolina. If you do not have a fine variety I recommend you to pulse the semolina in a mixer grinder for 3-4 times before you use them.
Measurement used: 1 cup = 250ml
Semolina/Rava (fine quality) – 1 cup
Desiccated coconut – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee/Clarified butter – 1/4 cup
Saffron strands – a pinch
Cashew – as required
Raisins – as required
Water – 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder – a large pinch
- In a pan, add Ghee and allow it to heat.
- Add cashews into the ghee and fry till golden brown.Set aside in a small bowl.
- In the same pan, add raisins and allow them to fluff up. Set aside in the same small bowl.
- To the ghee, add semolina/Rava and fry till fragrant. This should be done on low flame continuously and also make sure the rava doesn’t completely change its colour to brown.
- To this, add desiccated coconut and fry for few more minutes.
- Transfer this in a wide plate and allow for it to cool down completely.
- In another deep and wide pan, add sugar and water. Bring this to boil and lower the flame.
- Cook till you get a string consistency.
- Add few saffron strands and cardamom powder to this
- Add roasted rava-coconut mixture slowly and mix till everything is incorporated well
- Add fried cashews and raisins to this and mix thoroughly
- Set aside till warm
- Shape them into round balls and set aside in a wide plate to set completely. I would recommend you to keep this in the refrigerator for about an hour to completely set.
- Store it in an airtight container 🙂
- Make sure you do not over cook the sugar syrup. This might result in crumbly mixture. If in case the mixture turns crumbly, add milk little by little and combine everything to form a mixture which is little sticky. This will help you in shaping up the ladoo.
- In case rava quality is not too fine, Pulse it few times before use. Doing this will help the rava in binding together.
- Instead of desiccated coconut you can use fresh grated coconut as well. In that case, dry roast them thoroughly and add them in the step 5.