A unique, flavourful and deliciously popular drink from pune is Mango Mastani. Its basically a concoction of thick mango milkshake, mango/vanilla ice-cream, nuts and chopped mangoes. Mango mastani is very rich and satisfying as a dessert.
Though Pune is filled with IT parks and is a metropolis now, once upon a time it was the capital of the Peshwas and the invincible Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Pune still preserves its old charm in its language, atmosphere, historical forts and of course the traditional Maharashtrian cuisine. Pune is famous for its variety of cuisine which can suit each and every palate. Mango Mastani which belongs to pune stands first 🙂 Its kind of a patented drink throughout the city. So, whenever you visit pune, make sure you will drink this without fail 🙂
Mango pulp – 2 cups + 1/4 cup (for garnish)
Fresh cream – 100 ml (I used 1/2 the amul tetrapack cream)
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 3 tbsp (adjust as required)
Vanilla Ice-cream – 2 scoops
Chopped mixed nuts – handful
Chopped mango pieces – as required
Cherry – 2
Tutti- Frutti – as required
- In a blender, transfer 2 cups of mango puree, fresh cream, sugar and milk.
- Blend till smooth. Refrigerate this mixture and use when your serving the dessert
- In a tall glass, first add 2-3 tbsp Mango puree.
- Slowly add the refrigerated creamy mango milkshake on top of the mango puree
- Fill it to the 3/4th of the cup
- Add chopped mangoes
- Top it with a scoop of Vanilla Ice-cream
- Garnish with chopped mixed fruits, tutti-frutti and cherry
- Serve immediately.
- Step 3 is optional and can be excluded
- You can also use mango ice cream instead of vanilla ice-cream