“Raitha” is nothing but a flavoured yogurt. It can vary in ingredients and taste. There is cucumber raitha, tomato raitha, mustard raitha etc… but one of the simplest of all raitha is the onion-tomato raitha. You can make this delicious raitha in less than 8 minutes. This raitha is usually served with spiced rice dishes in order to balance the spice level. Some of them prefer not using this. I personally love raitha with any of my biryani and pulao. Make sure you finely chop onions and tomatoes. With this onions and tomatoes blend really well with yogurt.
Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 small (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – a few (finely chopped)
Green chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
Yogurt/Curd – 1 cup (whisked)
Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilli and coriander leaves and salt.
- With the back of a spoon lightly mash the ingredients so that tomato oozes out its juice
- Add whisked yogurt and mix well
- Serve as an accompaniment with pulao, biryani etc…
- Watch out the level of spice according to your preferences.
- You also can add a pinch of roasted jeera powder to enhance the taste