How many of you use cheese spread with toast???Using only cheese spread??? I somehow never liked using a cheese spread alone with my toasts or chapathis. This recipe is on how you reuse the store bought cheese spread and make it much much yummier. This particular recipe is my all time favourite as a tea snack.I just toast few slices of bread and top this on them. Easiest and yummiest recipe in no time I must say.
Nowadays, you get flavoured cheese spread as well. Like Spicy garlic cheese spread, roasted garlic cheese spread, chilli cheese spread and many many varieties. I opted the roasted garlic cheese spread and made this recipe. I have also added 2 tbsp of fresh cream to make it much creamier. This is totally optional.
Mushroom – 1 packet ( approximately 10 medium sized)
Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
White pepper powder – 1 tsp
Butter – 2 tsp
Roasted garlic cheese spread – 2 tbsp
Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – finely chopped for garnish
Dividing it in parts:
Part 1 : Chop the mushrooms fine and set aside
Part 2 : Cook the mushrooms and mixing it with cheese spread
Part 3 : Your DONE 🙂
Part 1 : Keep main ingredients ready
- Chop the mushrooms fine and set aside
Part 2 : Mixing the ingredients
- In a pan, heat butter
- Add chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent
- Add mushrooms and cook till they are well done
- Add white pepper powder and mix well
- Add Garlic cheese spread to the mushrooms and mix well
- Add fresh cream and mix
- Check for salt and if need be add (usually its not needed as the garlic spread already has salt in it
- Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve them as an accompaniment with toasts or it goes well with potato wafers 🙂
- If you do not have garlic cheese spread and have a regular cheese spread or cream cheese, Add chopped garlic to the above given recipe and add garlic just before you add onions the the heated butter.
- You can also add grated Parmesan and cheddar cheese to make it more cheesier 🙂
- You can also make variations by adding green chillies instead of white pepper powder.
- Squeeze in lemon if you would wish to. That gives a tangy taste which tickle your palate.
- Using fresh cream is optional and can be omitted 🙂