Ever noticed the road-side Golgappa vendor giving you a sukha puri after a plate of spicy and tangy golgappa? That is given to you to balance the spice level in your mouth after eating the golgappa with theeka pani. You can also have sukha puri just like any other chat. The stuffing is the potato stuffing I have put in this. The stuffing can differ according to your taste. You can also add sprouts with the boiled potatoes and a dash of lime is a “must” on each puri. You can also make “Sukha masala puri” by adding Ragda as a stuffing instead of boiled potatoes.
Golgappa – 20-25
Boiled potato – 1 medium (mashed)
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Black Salt as required
White pepper – 1/4 tsp
Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
Black Channa – 1 cup (boiled with salt)
Coriander – finely chopped
Lemon – 1
Sev – As required
- In a bowl, add boiled potato, black channa, finely chopped onions, red chilli powder,roasted cumin powder and black salt. Mix till well combined. Set aside this stuffing
- Carefully break a small portion of the puri with your finger and stuff this potato stuffing in this and arrange it on a serveware.
- Add few drops of lemon juice to each golgappa
- Generously sprinkle chaat masala on them
- Generously add chopped coriander leaves and sev
- Serve 🙂
- If you have pudina or date tamarind chutney, you can add a small portion of pudina chutney or date tamarind chutney after step 2
- Stuffing can also be of ragda. That would be a new chaat- “Sukha masala puri”
- You can also add grated carrots to enrich the taste.