One fine day when I was planning my dinner menu, I wanted to make something different and not a repeated recipe. I opened my refrigerator and found my cleaned and marinated chicken. So that’s it! I thought I will make something with chicken but not a repeated recipe. So i managed to gather few other ingredients which could give great spicy flavour to my chicken 🙂 i also decided that it would be a starter. I soaked dry red chillies in hot water and ground them into a fine paste with other ingredients and made a base masala to mix with my chicken. This is how invented a recipe in my own laboratory and named it garlic chilli chicken desi style 🙂
Hope you try it and like it 🙂 waiting for your valuable feedbacks 🙂
Red chillies – 15
Garlic – 10 cloves
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Ghee – 2tbsp
Jeera powder – 1tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Lime juice – 2tbsp
Curd – 3tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish
Spring onions for garnish
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice. Set aside for an hour
- Soak the red chillies in hot water for half an hour. Meanwhile cook the marinated chicken in a pressure cooker with a green chilli.
- In a mixer grinder jar add soaked red chillies without water and garlic pods (without skin), lime juice, salt and jeera powder. Grind to a very fine paste.
- In a kadhai, add ghee and onions. Fry it for a few minutes.
- Add this ground Masala and fry for a while.
- Add curd and saute till oil separates.
- Add the boiled chicken to it and close the lid for 5-10 mins till the chicken absorbs all the flavours.
- Add coriander leaves and spring onions.
- Serve hot with ghee rice or chapathi.