Puri Bhaji is a famous and most common breakfast recipe in most Indian household. We all have tried best to make the puris very light, fluffy and less oily.
These deep-fried Indian bread is usually served with “bhaji” made using potatoes. The combination is too good and is a perfect breakfast recipe.
I have my friends who have always loved the way i made puris which were very soft and absorbed very less oil. That’s the reason i thought i shall share the recipe of my perfectly fried puris 🙂
Puris are also served at special occasions or ceremonies as a part of ceremonial rituals with other vegetarian food offered in prayers as “PRASADAM”
Today i shall write on how i make poori/puri which are fluffed up and yummy to eat with less oil in it. There is a small knack in it to make them fluff. The puris which i make for breakfast has never let me down.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Ice cold Water – Use accordingly
Hot oil – 2 tsp
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and add salt.
- Mix well
- Add 2 tsp hot oil and mix well
- Add Ice cold water accordingly little at a time and knead to a tight dough. Not a soft dough but a little hard dough.
- Roll out the puris in round shape and deep fry in the hot oil
- Serve with the bhaji or any curries of your choice 🙂
- Adding ice cold water and adding hot oil plays the trick and helps the puri to fluff and absorb less oil.