Unlike other dosas, Poha dosa doesn’t need the ingredients to be soaked for a longer time. Just 2 hours will do 🙂 These are super-soft dosas which go well with a spicy chutney or chicken stew. Its very simple yet very delicious.
Soak rice and beaten rice in buttermilk for 2 hours and grind to a smooth paste and ferment it for 4 hours and start making the dosas 🙂 Simple isn’t it? Let me write in detail for you now
Dosa Rice/ Regular rice – 1 cup
Poha/Thick beaten rice – 1/4 cup
Fenugreek seeds/Methi seeds-4
Urad sal/Split white lentil – 1tbsp
Buttemilk – to soak all the ingredients
Baking soda – 1tsp
Oil- as required
Salt to taste
- Soak all the ingredients except baking soda and salt in buttermilk for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain and grind all the ingredients into a smooth paste. Do not discard the buttermilk and use the same when grinding the batter
- Transfer it in a big bowl and salt.
- Mix well and keep it aside for 4 hours or overnight.
- Next morning add a pinch of baking soda and a tbsp of oil and mix well.
- Spread the dosa on hot tawa. Slightly thick and do not spread it big. Drizzle oil around the dosa and close it with a lid for few seconds.
- With the help of a turner take out the dosa and serve hot with chutney or stew 🙂