Did you know a unique thing about pineapple? It is called ANANAS all over the world and in the same name in different languages except English. Google and see if you do not trust me 🙂 Only in English it is Pineapple 🙂
Pineapple is a tropical fruit and is very good source of vitamins and dietary fibres. These are digestive aid and a natural anti-inflammatory fruit which reduces the inflammation caused due to acute sinus,sore throat etc… It’s also low in fat and cholesterol. So, Bindaas khao 🙂
Coming to the recipe now, a fruit dessert always wins over a chocolate dessert for me 🙂 i love fruit desserts. Pineapple pudding is very easy to make if you divide it in 4 steps
- Chopping the pineapple and cooking them.
- Dissolving the agagar in water and boiling
- Boiling the milk and sugar.
- Mix all these when all are luke warm 🙂
That’s it ! Your done 🙂
A custom made dessert for all your parties and get together. Goodness of pineapple and richness of milk makes the dessert unique and rich in vitamins and calcium. Very healthy for all of us.
- Pineapple- 1 medium sized (cut into small pieces)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1tsp
- Milk – 1 lts
- Agaragar/China grass – 20gms
As i said we will split this in four parts.
Part 1 :
- In a deep vessel add the chopped pineapple and 2tbsp of sugar and 1/2 cup water.
- On a medium flame, Bring this to boil
Part 2 :
- In a large pot, boil milk and add remaining sugar to it and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder
- Mix agaragar in a cup of water or till the agar agar soaks completely in water and bring this to boil occasionally stirrring. Agaragar must dissolve fully in this.
Let all the three parts cool. When all the three are luke warm, mix gently and transfer it into serving bowls and refrigerate it to set. For about 2 hours. Your done 🙂
- You can adjust the quantity of sugar as per your taste and desire. If the pineapple is sour, you might as well add some more sugar.
- Pineapple and clove are also a very good combination of flavours. Instead of cardamom powder you can add clove powder or add a clove into the part 1 when you cook the pineapples 🙂
- Make sure all the ingredients are at same temperature. Luke warm. If any of the ingredient is hot the pudding will curdle. This is a very important step. If you do not follow, your effort might go in vain.