Instant chutney which goes well with dosas and idlies. I usually make this when I make neer dosa. People who love sour will definitely love this. My mom used to make this whenever she made neer dosas for breakfast. You don’t need to grind anything for this unlike other type of chutnies. This just requires powdered spices and finely chopped onions. Serve it only with dosas and idly because they don’t go good with anything else.
Tamarind paste – 1tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2tsp
Coriander powder – 1/4tsp
Cumin powder – 1/8tsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Coconut oil – 1tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
curry leaves – 1spring
Asafoetida – 1/2tsp
- In a bowl dilute tamarind paste by adding some water.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- For seasoning, heat oil in a small pan and when it is hot add mustard seeds, hing and curry leaves. Top this on the prepared chutney
- If you donot have tamarind paste you can soak a lemon size tamarind in warm water for 20 minutes. Extract the pulp and go ahead with the step 2
- Using coconut oil is optional. You can use ghee / clarified butter instead.
- You can also add finely chopped tomatoes (deseeded) to this but donot as the ones which are sour.