Kids love finger foods. Chicken nuggets, chicken pops, chicken fingers, cheese fingers, potato fingers etc etc. ..the list never ends.We end up buying from a supermarket.Rather than buying it from outside vendors, we can easily make all these in almost half the cost which we pay them. Not just this, home cooked food is much much better and healthy than the ones with preservatives.
This recipe is one of my kiddos favorite and he loves to eat this as an evening snack.
Chicken fingers recipe is given below. You can make it and store it in deep freezer for about a week to ten days.
Chicken – 250gms (minced)
Green chilly – 4
Onion – 1/2
Ginger – 1″
Garlic – 4-5cloves
Coriander leaves – few
All purpose flour/maida – 1tbsp
Salt to taste
Nutmeg powder – a pinch(optional)
Cinnamon powder – a pinch (optional)
Bread crumbs – to roll the fingers
Oil – for frying
- In a mixer jar, add chillies,ginger garlic, coriander leaves and onions. Grind to a coarse paste without adding water.
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken mince, ground paste, nutmeg and cinnamon powder, salt and a tbsp of Maida or cornflour.
- Mix all these till well combined.
- Apply oil to your palms and shape these like a finger.size should not be too short or too long.
- In a bowl break an egg, whisk lightly. In another plate spread breadcrumbs.
- Now first place the chicken fingers in the egg bowl and roll it. Till egg coats the fingers thoroughly.
- And next roll it in the breadcrumbs till it coats all sides.
- Repeat this process twice so the chicken finger is tightly coated with the egg-breadcrumbs mixture.
- In a deep frying pan, fry these fingers till golden brown and serve with desired dip.
- After step 8, you can store these in a zip lock or seal lock bags and store them in the deep freezer.
- You don’t need to thaw them when frying.
- It’s always good to freeze these before you fry them. The breadcrumbs stick to the inner coating very well.
- Nutmeg and cinnamon powder is totally optional. You might miss a very small flavour.