WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?
Health, home, family, friends and FOOD.
YES! We all should be thankful for every morsel of bread we have. Thankful to god for all the abundant food we have because even today there are millions of children around the world starving with no food and malnutrition. Do you realize how lucky we are to get food? Folks.. we never know when we breath last. So, be grateful to god for every morsel of bread he has offered and is still offering us. Being grateful gives you immense happiness. The inner peace which we all look for 🙂 Be happy whatsoever coz there are millions and trillions of people in this world who don’t even have a percent of what we have. Be it food or other things.Everyday make a habit of thanking Lord for whatever he has offered us. Let’s promise to ourselves that we shall follow this and if we inculcate this first, its very easy to teach our kids not to waste food and not to crib on anything because they follow what we do or behave 🙂 isn’t it ?
So today I ‘ll write on how to reuse your leftover rice. We can do so many dishes with the leftover rice and you can give it as a lunchbox meal too. I try my best not to waste food unless its spoilt. I ‘ll share what all I do with the leftover foods. Today we see how a raw mango rice is made in less than 20mins. This is perfect for a lunchbox. For your kids and also for adults.
Raw mango – 1 ( grated)
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
White lentil/urad dal – 1tsp
Curry leaf – 5 or 6
Green chilly – 3 (slit)
Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
Ghee – 2tsp
Groundnut – 1tbsp
Green peas – 1/4cup (optional)
Leftover rice – 1cup
Coriander leaves – finely chopped
Salt to taste.
- Heat oil in a kadhai/pan. Allow it to heat. Add mustard seeds. Once they crackle add curry leaves, urad dal, groundnuts and green chillies. Saute them for few seconds or till the groundnuts turn slightly brown and crunchy.
- Add onions and saute till they are translucent
- Add the grated Raw mango, green peas and turmeric powder. Stir all these with a spatula and fry them for few minutes.
- Add the leftover rice and salt. Mix well till all the ingredients combine.
- Cover it with a lid for few minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and Mix well.
- Raw mango rice is ready in less than 20mins mins.
- Adding onions is optional and you can skip adding them
- Instead of groundnut you can add broken cashew pieces.
- I added green peas because I had few leftover in my fridge.You can skip this if you don’t have.
GIVE THANKS TO LORD AND PROCLAIM HIS GREATNESS 🙂