Do you have unexpected guests for tea?? Wondering what to do?? This recipe fits best for a high tea. I am very sure this goes well with a cup of hot masala chai.
I have kept the recipe as simple as I can. I bet you can make this in less than 15mins
Paneer/cottage cheese – 70gms (cut into cubes)
Corn starch – 1tbsp
Baking soda – a pinch
Pinch of salt
Pinch of red chilli powder
Pinch of garam masala powder
Chaat masala – use accordingly
Oil for frying
- In a bowl, add corn starch and all the other powders except chaat masala.
- Add little water to this and make a smooth batter.
- Add in the paneer cubes to this and mix well so that the paneer cubes are coated with the batter
- Now deep fry them in oil. Once golden, transfer them in a clean dry bowl and immediately sprinkle chaat masala and gently toss.
- Here you go ! Simple isn’t it
- You can serve them as it is or present them the way I have presented. Had few papads in my kitchen which i placed on a hot tawa and roasted both sides. When they were still hot, I gave them a cone shape and put my paneer chatpata in them :))