I feel very sad seeing working women juggling between the family, house and work. A woman has to wake up early in the morning, cook breakfast and lunch for the boxes and rush to office. And after a hectic day at work, she has to come back, spend quality time with kids and rush into the kitchen to cook dinner. I really really really feel for them. My heart just goes out for them. So here I am with this recipe which i feel will be very helpful for the ones who want to cook for lunch or dinner in less than 30mis.
Chicken – 1/2 kg
Basmati rice – 1cup
Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
Red chilli powder – 1tbsp
Pudina leaves – a handful
Coriander leaves – a handful
Onions – 1medium (thinly sliced)
Tomatoes – 2 medium (finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2tbsp
Cinnamon – 1″
Bay leaf – 1
Oil – 1tbsp
Ghee – 1tbsp
Salt to taste
- First wash the basmati rice in water and soak it till we need.
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder and salt. Set aside
- Now in a pressure cooker, add ghee and oil. Allow it to heat. Once it’s hot, add the spices to this and next the onions.
- Sweat the onions and add ginger garlic paste to this. Saute till the raw smell dissappears.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and saute for a while.Add red chilli powder and saute.
- Now add the chicken and 2cup water. On a medium flane, pressure cook it for two whistles ONLY.
- After the pressure subsides, open the lid and spread the chopped pudina leaves, coriander leaves and soaked rice on this. (If you want, you can actually mix the rice with the cooked chicken)
- Now cover the cooker lid tightly. Donot put the whistle onto this. Once the steam starts coming out vigorously, turn down the gas flame to low. Note the time. Exactly for 8 minutes you have to keep this on low flame and turn off the gas after 8minutes. Set this aside for ten minutes so the rice in the pressure cooker continues further cooking and fluffs up.
- Serve this with onion tomato cream salad.