This is one of the tastiest and easiest pulao I learnt from my mother in law. The ingredients are very less and I bet it tastes very good.
The ingredients are as below,
Prawns – 1cup (washed and deveined)
Onions – 1 large (chopped lengthwise)
Tomatoes – 1large (finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
Rice – 1 cup
Water – 3cups
Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
Red chilli powder – 2tsp
Garam masala powder – 1tsp
Oil – 1tbsp
Coriander leaves-for garnish
salt to taste
- Wash prawns thoroughly in water and keep it aside.Also wash 1cup of rice and soak it in water till we need.
- In a pressure cooker, heat 1tbsp oil and add onions. Saute for a minute and add ginger garlic paste to it and saute for few more minutes.
- Add tomatoes and fry on medium flame for a couple of minutes or till the oil separates.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder and saute till it mixes well.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan add 3cups water and salt. Put the prawns into this and boil for 5-6 minutes. Drain the prawns through a seive preserving the water in a container which we will use in the later part of the recipe.
- Add the prawns into the pressure cooker with the masalas and mix well
- Add the soaked rice (without water) and mix till it is incorporated well.
- Add the preserved prawn water to this. Check for salt and add if required.
- Close the pressure cooker lid (without whistle)and turn on the gas flame to high. Once you notice the steam coming out vigorously, turn the gas flame to low and note the time.Keep for exactly 10 minutes. Switch off the gas immediately and let the pressure cooker stay for 20-25 minutes before you open.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.