A classic french toast is sweet and requires just 5 ingredients I.e., egg, milk, cinnamon powder and vanilla extract which enriches the flavour of the omelette and also lessens the odour of egg and bread of course.
I have a twist for the vegetarians here by this desi styled French toast which i am sure vegetarians will love.
This recipe I made it myself and this turned out to be a success… waahhhlllaaahhh!!!!
The ingredients are as listed below.
- Besan – 1/2 cup
- Onions- 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Tomato – 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Green chillies – 1 finely chopped
- Ginger – 1″ finely chopped
- Garlic – 2pods finely chopped
- Cilantro -1tbsp
- Salt -to taste
- Milk – 2tbsp
- Baking soda- a pinch
- Butter- 1tsp for frying
- Salt bread – 4
- Mix besan and milk with a whisk so that there are no lumps formed.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chillies, cilantro, salt and mix well till combined.
- Set aside for a min or two.
- Just before you start making the toast add baking soda and whisk vigorously.
- Dip in the salt bread into the mixture and panfry on a non stick pan using butter or olive oil on both the sides. You can add in the rest of the onion mixture on the top of bread and shallow fry on both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or a sauce of your choice