Classic French toast is sweet with cinnamon powder and milk in it. Our Indian pallette always craves for something spicy. This is my husbands favorite sunday breakfast and he prefers to have ONLY this every lazy sunday morning. I have tried to make an attempt in this recipe to bring in a desi twist. So, here you go !!!
Eggs – 2
Onions – 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green chillies – 2 Finely chopped
Cilantro – 1 tbsp
Milk – 1tbsp
Salt to taste
Butter – 2tbsp
Salt bread – 4 slices
- In a bowl break two eggs and whisk it well.
- Add milk and salt. combine it with a whisk.
- Add the onion chillies and cilantro.Mix till well combined
- Meanwhile heat a non stick pan and grease generously with butter.
- Dip in the salt bread in the egg mixture and place it carefully on the pan and repeat the process for the rest of the breads . you can add the onions with your hand in the bread.
- Add a dolop butter onto each slice and cover the pan and cook on slow flame for 2-3 mins.
- Turn the bread with a Turner carefully and let it roast for a while.
- Once done transfer it onto a plate and serve hot.
- You can adjust the chillies according to your spice handling capacity.
- You can also add garlic cheese spread to the egg mix and beat it vigorously till well combined and go ahead with the procedure. This gives a cheesy and a mouth watering French toast.