All purpose flour or Maida -150gms
Baking powder – 1tsp
Vanilla essence – 1tsp
Salt – a pinch
Chocolate chips – 80gms approx
Preheat the oven at 180C.
1.Seive baking powder and Maida. Add chocochip to it and keep aside.
2.In a dry bowl beat together butter and sugar till soft and fluffy. Approximately 3 to 4 mins.
3. Add one egg at a time and beat till its incorporated.
4.Fold in half the Maida and mix with a spatula gently. Add 1tbsp milk and continue folding.Fold in rest of the mix as well
5. Line the cupcake moulds.
6. Pour the batter in and bake these for approximately 20mins.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Do not use an electric blender to blend in the Maida with butter mixture. You might end up flattening the batter which in turn makes the cupcakes hard.
- Do not over bake. Check whether the cupcakes are baked by the end of 17 mins by inserting a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean then the cupcakes are well done 🙂
- This batter should not be liquidy . It should be little firm so it can hold the chocochips in it else the chocochip sinks at the bottom of cupcakes.