I have always loved white forest cake from sweet chariot, a cake shop in Bangalore. They make lip smacking cakes and pastries. As cupcakes are nothing but a small version of cakes, I tried the same white chocolate cake recipe and made cupcakes.Oh yes! with a twist of adding the dried cranberries on the top. My husband absolutely loved the sour taste of the cranberries which he said it went very well with the very sweet white chocolate cupcakes.The recipe below makes 12 cupcAkes.If you want to make 24 just double the ingredients 🙂
Maida or all purpose flour – 150gms
Butter – 100gms
Sugar (powdered) – 100gms
White compound chocolate – 150gms
Egg – 2
Salt a pinch
Vanilla essence – 1tsp
Baking powder – 1tsp
Milk – 2tbsp
Dried cranberries – to top the cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven at 180C.
2. In a clean dry bowl, beat in butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Meanwhile melt the white chocolate on a double boiler and let it cool.
4. Seperate the egg whites and place them in a seperate dry bowl.
5. Add one egg yolk at a time to the sugar butter mixture and blend till well combined.
6. Add vanilla essence and continue blending the mixture further. Add the milk chocolate to this and mix.
7. Seive the dry ingredients in a dry bowl and add half the quantity to the sugar butter mixture and blend. Add half of the milk and mix thoroughly . Repeat the same procedure for the remaining flour.
8. In a dry bowl beat in the egg whites till soft peaks. Add a little powdered sugar and beat further to get a little hard peaks but not very hard.
9. Fold in this egg white into the batter with the help of a spatula. Very slowly in a cut and fold motion and not flatten the egg white mix.
10. Line the cupcake mould with liners and with the help of a scoop, scoop in the batter into the moulds.
11. Top the dried cranberries on the batter.
12. Place this in the oven and bake it for 20-25mins or till a toothpick when inserted at the centre comes out clean.