Tadka Dosa or phanna polo is an everyday breakfast in almost every konkani household. A very quick recipe. After a tiring day at work you can make this dosa for kids in no time after you get back home. I learnt this recipe from my mother who cooks sumptuous. I made a little alteration to the traditional recipe which gives more crispy dosa by adding one or two tablespoons of fine semolina and rice flour. The recipe is as below.
Measurement used is 1cup = 250gms
Maida or all purpose flour – 1cup
Rice flour – 2tbsp
Fine semolina – 1tbsp
Green chillies – 3 finely chopped
Baking soda-1/4 tsp
Water – approximately 2cups
Coriander leaves – 1tbsp
salt to taste
Oil – 1tsp
Mustard seed – 1tsp
Curry leaf – 5/6
- In a bowl, take Maida, rice flour and semolina and mix water little by little preventing lumps and add green chillies and coriander leaves to it and set aside for ten mins.
- In a seperate small pan or tadka pan, add oil and once the oil heats up add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add this to the batter.
- Now add salt and a pinch of baking soda. Mix well.
- Heat a dosa pan on a stove grease the pan with oil before making the dosa.pour batter in clockwise direction making sure its thin and covers the pan.Take out the dosa with the help of a Turner and serve hot with pickle.
- The batter must be liquidy and not thick like regular dosa batter.
- Adding semolina and rice flour makes the dosa more crispy.