Peas and cottage cheese in spicy creamy curry. This is one of the most popular amongst all the recipes in paneer. Very easy and simple restaurant style matar paneer recipe is as below. The recipe doesn’t ask for any special ingredients and can be made with the ones in the kitchen.
Matar paneer is quick and easy to make and goes well with phulkas or jeera rice.
I added cashews to the recipe.It gives a rice and creamy texture for the gravy.
1. Boiled peas – 1CUP
2. Cottage cheese – 250gms
3. Onions – 2
4. Tomato – 2 (large)
5. Ginger – 1″ piece
6. Garlic – 5 pods
7. Red chilli powder – 1tsp
8. Coriander powder – 1/2tsp
9. Garam Masala – 1tsp
10. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
11. Cashews – A handful.
12. salt to taste.
13. Jeera – 1tsp
14. oil – 1tbsp
15. fresh cream – as much as required.
1. In a mixer jar, add the tomatoes, onion, ginger, garlic and cashews. Grind this into a smooth mixture without adding water .
2.In a wide pan, add oil and once it’s hot enough add jeera to it and the ground mixture. Saute the tomato mixture till the oil seperates and becomes a thick mixture.
3. Add the dry ingredients now. Red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam Masala. Add little water and mix the gravy with a spatula.
4. Now add the boiled peas to it and cook on low flame for five minutes.
5. Add the paneer cubes to it and continue further cooking.
6. Add fresh cream to it and switch off the gas.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves before serving hot with phulkas or jeera rice.
1.You can cut paneer in rectangular and pan fry it with little butter and add it to the matar gravy.
2. If the tomatoes are sour you can use a tsp of sugar to balance the taste.
3.For a thick and tasty gravy first book the cashews and onions in hot water for 10mins and add this while grinding. The raw smell of onion goes by following this step.
4. Add fresh cream towards the end of recipe to avoid curdling.